Have you ever looked at a company’s ad and thought to yourself that you could do it better? Have you ever looked at a promotional email that offers you a free i-something and wondered if you’ve been time warped back to 2005? Were you the person at university that kept up to date on the latest world news while everyone else was debating the latest celebrity scandal? You love detail, you crush deadlines and you eat obstacles for lunch. You think banner ads belong in a museum, you scoff at direct mail and you can rhyme off your top 10 most admired brands in under a minute.
If this is you then we want to meet!
Our Marketing Team is looking to add a talented Director of Marketing to continue our company’s leadership position. We are looking for someone to build and extend the fantastic brand foundation that we have been building over the past 18 months. This is the perfect position for someone who is looking for the chance to make a difference while doing something creative.
- Define, develop, test, execute and measure direct marketing strategies to drive quality leads to the Sales Team including lead nurturing/conversion programs and thought leadership campaigns
- Lead product marketing activities including websites, testimonials, trade shows, etc.
- Plan, organize, staff, train, and manage all marketing activities to achieve Company goals
- Create annual strategic and tactical marketing plans including detailed budget estimates, deliverable timelines and scorecards
- Act as a brand champion, ensuring all marketing initiatives support and enhance the company's brand including: maintaining brand guidelines, seeking strategic brand extensions, refining brand messages
- Create a high-performing and supportive environment for the Marketing Team
- Directly manage the Marketing Team including problem solving, escalating issues, ensuring adequate resources, staff planning and performance reviews
- Highly creative individual with an ability to deliver simple yet compelling ideas and messages
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in online communities, corporate social networking
- Organized and results-oriented self-starter that easily grasps and applies new concepts
- Sound judgment and decision making skills, high level of professionalism at all times
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- 5 to 7 years experience in direct marketing, advertising, product marketing and/or promotions
- 3 to 5 years experience in a leadership/team lead role
- Post-secondary education
- Fluency in English is required
- Experience in healthcare information technology or other similar industry as well as with SaaS and/or web based consumer of B2B applications a plus
Why this role is important to us
The Director of Marketing is the marketing leader that brings our ideas to life. Whether it’s something as simple as an email to our valued clients or as complex as an integrated campaign that includes a tradeshow followed by a webinar followed by a whitepaper and finally resulting in a booked demonstration - our Director of Marketing makes it happen. Over the past 18months we have invested in rebranding and repositioning our company. Now we need a Director to build on and leverage that investment.
What you can expect from us
- Exciting and meaningful work
- Smart, dedicated and hard-working teammates who will run with you
- A chance to improve healthcare in Canada and for our neighbours around the world
- A fast paced and dynamic environment
- The opportunity to spread your wings and explore new things (did we mention making rhymes?)
Apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com.