Nightingale is one of the fastest growing health care software companies in North America, ranking 10th on the Profit100 – Fasting Growing Companies and ranked 28th on Canada’s Deloitte Technology Fast 50. Nightingale is recognized as an industry leader of internet based electronic medical records (EMR) serving the needs of primary care practices, multi-physician outpatient clinics, and large scale regional health organizations and networks in Canada and the US. We are continuously innovating and enhancing our services to meet the needs of our growing and diverse customer base. Nightingale is on the move and looking for top talent! Consider joining the leader in internet based EMR and be part of a company that is focused on winning, customer success, innovation, a commitment to its core values and employee opportunity.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Research & Development team in our head office in Markham, Ontario. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your business acumen and tune your technical aptitude.
The Senior Software Engineer is a seasoned member of a team of software professionals responsible for the design, construction, integration, testing, verification and maintenance of the Nightingale’s cutting edge SaaS based software products. The successful candidate must be forward-thinking, goal driven and share in a common vision of quality, integrity and efficiency.
The successful candidate must demonstrate that their breadth in technical knowledge can harmonize with the business objectives and client needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Review requirement documents and develop technical design documents
- Able to understand Nightingale’s business domain
- Independently develop high quality & maintainable code using Java, GWT, SQL
- Able to work in a fast paced, highly technical and result oriented environment
- Review technical design documents and code developed by other members of the team
- Lead a small team of software develops to develop a specific feature in the product
- Lead a team of software developers to maintain the software, as required
- Propose processes and uncover gaps to further the continual improvement of software development process at Nightingale
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Research new technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of the current software and provide insight on applying these in practice
- Provide input into performance review of the junior team members, as required
- Engage with Nightingale’s Professional Services, Product Support and other teams to quickly and efficiently resolve customer issue.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with 6+ years of engineering experience and related technologies with a software or technology company and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 6+ Years of engineering experience with Java, GWT, HTML5, SQL, UNIX/LINUX and related technologies
- Experience with atleast one traditional RDBMS database
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies
- Excellent problem solving abilities is must
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL is highly desirable but not necessary
- Experience with maven and git is highly desirable but not necessary.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in North America.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change. Apply now. Send your resume to