Nightingale is one of the fastest growing health care software companies in North America, ranking 10th on the Profit100 – Fasting Growing Companies. Nightingale is recognized as an industry leader of ASP based electronic medical records (EMR) serving the needs of small primary care practices, multi-physician outpatient clinics, and large scale regional health organizations and networks in Canada and the US. We are continuously innovating and enhancing our services to meet the needs of our growing and diverse customer base. Nightingale is on the move and looking for top talent. Consider joining the leader in EMR and be part of a company that is focused on winning, customer success, innovation, a commitment to its core values and employee opportunity.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated User Interface Designer to join our Research & Development Team. Nightingale offers a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to Nightingale business initiatives by supporting team members with the following activities:
- Create intuitive and attractive user interfaces for a professional web application.
- Design and code interactive prototypes in HTML5/CSS3/jQuery, Flash/AS2 or other prototyping tools .
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Work closely with usability team members, business analysts, product managers, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
- Convert complex functional and certification requirements into friendly, ‘no manual required’ interfaces.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the application design is consistent with UI standards.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated User Interface Designer, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the healthcare field, and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- BA/BS or MS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a User Interface Designer.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web.
- Must be competent with HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery
- Proven ability to translate user stories into practical designs and innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Nice to have: understanding of Flash/AS2
- Proven experience with designing workflows and mockups
- Ability to organize own work and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Vision and initiative to start things from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with graphics software like Photoshop and Illustrator.
What’s in it for you:
Nightingale offers a competitive compensation package, benefits package, performance-based incentives, the right training program and career development opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fun, growing technology company based in Canada.
Call to action:
Adoption of health care IT is gaining strong momentum. Recent government initiatives in both Canada and the US are providing strong incentives to drive EMR adoption and bring North American adoption from ~25% up to the global standards >85% within the next 3 years.
Let Nightingale help you unleash your full potential. We are a growth company in a growing market and there is no better time to make a career change.
Apply now. Send your resume to email@example.com.